Thursday, February 5, 2015

Elenco AM Radio Kit - Model AM 780

The other day at work I found some Elenco AM Radio Kits in the way back of the instrument room. It appears to be 16 years old, but there isn't any definitive date on this kit. This was a really simple kit and they provided everything including the solder. I only skimmed the instructions on a few sections of the radio because with this particular kit any entry level electrical engineer or technician would be able to see the schematic and populate the board.

The whole mini-project took about an hour for myself and this was pretty fun thing to do during a lull at work when none of the equipment was "broken". This post is probably just going to be photos and a short video showing that the kit works fairly well. It works pretty well even inside, but in fairness, Purdue has WBAA AM 920 on campus.





















These are some of the photos that I took during the progress and following is the video I took that it actually works.
 
 UGHH, I'm so sorry I took a vertical video:(

No comments:

Post a Comment