Thursday, February 5, 2015

Update About Myself

So I've been working with Purdue University in the instrumentation room. My job title is Analog Lab Manager. It sounds super fancy and it kind of is. I oversee all undergrad EE labs ranging from sophomore year to senior design for undergraduate engineers. I often fix scientific equipment from oscilloscopes to function generators. I also provide design guidance for seniors in senior design on how to accomplish projects.

As a disclaimer, my views do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer and if there should ever be any questions, please email me.

I do not really like talking about myself all that much and would rather let my engineering prowess speak for itself instead of using sparkly words and posturing to make myself appear superior to my engineering brothers and sisters that worked just as hard as I did.

I am an excellent team leader and work best in teams that prefer open communication to promote excellent brainstorming and design creation. When I get involved in a project I want to think that every team member wants to be involved and want to accomplish the task for themselves and not for a paycheck or grade. Because of this, I tend to expect a lot from team members, but truly I wish that each member on my team feels appreciated for their contributions.

I mostly wanted to post a little bit about where I work and what I do at Purdue University now, but got a little sidetracked with talking about myself a little more than I expected. My current goals now are just build projects for myself to showcase some of my skills, and work my way into the blessings of a professor that would take me on for graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment